Search This Blog

Thursday 6 October 2011

Steve Jobs: February 24th, 1955 - October 5th, 2011


It's hard to believe at this moment that Steve Jobs has passed away. He had been suffuring from cancer a fair few years, and unfortunately he passed away yesterday. I have never been a user of apple products, apart from my trusty Ipod classic that I have possessed for 4 years, but his iPhone, iPads and iPods were works of art, they were more than just an innovation. The world has lost a truly great man.

Wired have aggregated a nice series of statements from people around the world, the likes of Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, and even President Obama. It's a fitting tribute that everyone should read.

I myself am a fundraiser for Macmillan Cancer Support, and will be running the 2011 Norwich Half Marathon next month in aid of it.

It's a cause close to my heart, and I hope many more are inspired to do what they can for cancer support and research.

-Rob.

No comments:

Post a Comment